By the end of this course, students will be expected to be able to:
· demonstrate a basic understanding of some of the current issues, conceptual frameworks, methods and practices related to the teaching of English as a Second/Additional Language;
· illustrate how these issues influence pedagogical options for ELT teachers in local contexts;
· critique different aspects of Intensive English programs (curriculum, teaching and assessment) based on knowledge of recent developments in language theories;
· determine your own basic orientation in terms of second language teaching approaches, strategies and methods;
· lead and participate in discussions about research-based practices that promote second language learning and intercultural awareness in Intensive English programs.
- Teacher: Natalie Pitre